Danger Mouse 4eva

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wassup

So, for those of you that don't know, I'm having another 2 chemos to finish it off. Went to see the doc, and he showed me my latest scan - there's a tiny bit left. It could just be scarring that won't harm me at all, but to be on the safe side, I'm having some more:) I don't really mind - it doesn't seem that bad now - now that I've got the hang of it all. Not like my first treatment, when I was pretty damn nervous, not knowing what the hell was gonna happen to me...:P

Anyway, I have a little story to tell:P My dad needed to take his car in for a service, and since they'd run out of courtesy cars, I needed to follow him there and bring him back home in the morning, and take him there & follow him back in the afternoon, capiche? So I followed him there, he dropped off his car, I brought him back - fine. On the way back to the Mitsubishi garage in the afternoon, however, there was loads of traffic - apparently two lorries had collided further ahead, and a road had to be shut down... which meant we were moving about one car length, then waiting ages, then another car length:P So anyway, my dad phoned up the garage to say that we were gonna be late - and we probably wouldn't get there until after closing time. So they agree to leave his car just around the corner, all locked up (coz my dad had a spare set of keys with him).

So, we pick up my dad's car alright, and we're on our way back, and I'm following behind him. Anywayz, the traffic was still blocked up on the other side of the road, and amid all the slow traffic, a motorcyclist seemed to have hit something, and slid off. There was an ambulance there n' all... - all on the other side. So we're going past the accident, and I glance over, look back at the road, and my dad's braking in front of me. I had to brake fairly sharply, but nothing too drastic, and I come to a stop - no problem. I just started to look around - to the other side of the road, when I hear a huge screeching. I start to think something like "Heh - not another accident over there..." when suddenly - BAM, straight into the back of me... So as soon as it happens, I wave out the window to my dad - he had obviously heard it, but just letting him know it was me. Anywayz everyone pulls over, stops, and gets out.

I wasn't sure whether I'd done anything wrong to start with, but I knew that the guy should have kept a bigger distance between him and me. So anyway - my dad comes over and asks what happened - and the guy admitted "Well, I was looking over at the accident, as you do, and by the time I looked back, the traffic in front had stopped." Anyway, we exchanged names, addresses & telephone numbers. So, it seems that I shouldn't have a problem - it was his fault, and after thinking about it, I didn't really do anything wrong - I could have stopped slightly sooner, but that wouldn't have miraculously made him look where he was going:P Gonna ring up the insurance company tomorrow, but it should be fine - his insurance company should pay for it all.

As for me, I'm fine, just absolutely knackered at the end of it all - getting up at 8:15am this morning, driving most of the day, and then this to finish it off:P My car's not too bad at all - the boot outer casing's just been pushed in about a centimetre or two. His car, on the other hand, was in a slightly more serious condition:P The front had folded in a little - so he's got a nice crumpled area around his Peugeot logo:P He was about 20ish & had a teenaged girl in the back of the car, who was crying by the time she got out:( nm - weren't too bad, no one hurt:)

So, there we go, I'm knackered, and am off to bed. Lol I hope it doesn't take a car crash to get me to blog again:P - I'll do my best.

Peace out.